installed 1899 circa 1894
Tiffany Glass and Decorating Co.
This window is unlike any other in the church. It is made of Tiffany glass, a special process unlike true stained glass. Louis Tiffany developed the process by which other pieces of glass were introduced into a molten sheet of glass to achieve his desired effect. Thus the surface of the glass was not treated, rather the shades and combinations of color were in the glass itself. The drapery effect so pronounced here, was produced by forcing the glass into folds and wrinkles while in a molten condition. It is interesting to note that this particular example of Tiffany’s art is signed, as he seldom signed institutional or religious commissions.